One generation shall commend your works to another, and shall declare your mighty acts. On the glorious splendor of your majesty, and on your wondrous works, I will meditate. They shall speak of the might of your awesome deeds, and I will declare your greatness. They shall pour forth the fame of your abundant goodness and shall sing aloud of your righteousness.
These verses capture well our VISION in Clifton’s Ministry to Children & Families: Generations of Godliness. Our ministries and classes are oriented toward that end. Our goal from nursery through youth is to lay a strong foundation in biblical and systematic theology in order to provide a biblical-theological framework for children (and parents!) to enable them to read and apply the whole counsel of God’s Word. Our prayer is that we may be able to rejoice, like David, that this generation of children shall commend God’s works to another, and shall declare his mighty acts.
Our MISSION for Ministry to Children and Families is simple: to glorify God. We seek to glorify God through five core values:
- Supporting and encouraging parents who are primarily responsible for teaching biblical truths to their children (Ephesians 6:4).
- Making the whole counsel of Scripture known to children with special emphasis on the Gospel (Deuteronomy 6:6-9; Romans 1:16-17).
- Praying for the children and relying on the Holy Spirit to regenerate their hearts through the faithful teaching of His Word (Romans 10:17; Ephesians 2:4-10).
- Living faithfully before the children and modeling for them how Christians are called to respond to God, love one another, and minister to the world around us (Matthew 5:16; 1 Corinthians 11:1).
- Understanding that the care of children is not a right, but a privilege; and this privilege embodies responsibilities to God for ministering to and caring for children.
Our Ministry to Children & Families consists of three divisions, each of which share one vision, one mission, and one unified curriculum scope and sequence.
- Nursery Ministry– focuses on children newborn to 3 years old.
- Children’s Ministry– focuses on children from 4 years old through 5th grade.
- Youth Ministry– focuses on children in the 6th through 12th grade.